Technology Talk

I am one to constantly use technology in my everyday life, especially when it comes to social media. However, I am very interested in learning about more tools I can use with technology within the classroom. I want to be a teacher who enables students to learn in different ways through technology. Technology can help students be creative, collaborative, and assist them in their individual learning needs.

This week I created a survey that asks what Apps can be used for assistive technology with special needs students in the inclusive classroom. I have had some experience with a few apps because I worked with a student who needed assistive technology. I loved how the apps allowed the student to have a voice despite his inability to speak. It gave him the opportunity to convey his thoughts and emotions in a way that he would not be able to otherwise. Using certain apps and devices with this boy proved to me how successful assistive technology can be and how many doors it can open.

I am thrilled to know how many opportunities technology can bring, especially in the inclusive classroom. However, I feel like I have so much to learn in this area! I want to know more about assistive technology and hear from other educators how they have successfully used it. I am hoping that through this blog, and through the ECMP 355 class I am taking, I will grow in my knowledge with technology and develop the tools I need for an inclusive classroom.

Thanks for joining me in this technology journey!

-Amanda

4 Comments on Technology Talk

1. Rebecca
    January 17, 2014 at 6:12 pm (10 years ago)

Amanda,
    I would love to know what kind of apps you used! My co-op teacher and I struggled with finding appropriate apps and computer sites that helped!
    Please share!

Reply
  2. Stacie
    January 17, 2014 at 11:53 pm (10 years ago)

Great blog. Keep updating on how your use with technology goes.

Reply
  3. beccabaran
    January 18, 2014 at 5:27 pm (10 years ago)

I agree, this is a great topic to do a survey on. Please share your findings, would be very useful in the future!

Reply
    • Amanda Brace
      January 23, 2014 at 5:16 am (10 years ago)

The survey resulted in a lot of people using Mathletics and Dynavox. Raz kids was also mentioned a few times. I would be curious to know how these Apps would be implemented for the student!

Reply